Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Minz, what did you put in this wine?": Submission Day

I might be drunk. I've had ONE glass of wine, but I am pretty sure that Minz put something in it. I'm sitting here, giggling at nothing.

Or, I might be punch drunk.

Or, it's The Crazy.

JennyB, Minz, and I have been submitting to agents all day.  We call these "submissions days." I know really creative. Or as Minz suggested: "Our motherfucking postal days."  We try to have one every few months.

Minz
JennyB

My submission day picture is not appropriate for public view.

My back hurts, Minz's ass hurts, and JennyB is getting angry, which is pissing me off because I am the angry one.

We've been at this for 6 1/2 hours.

When Minz asked, "Is it time for wine?" JennyB and I nearly shrieked, "Yes!"

I've stopped sending queries because at this point, I'm going to replace, "May I send you a partial or complete manuscript?" with "Stop fucking around and publish me already!"

We had plans to go to Restorative Yoga, but that went in the shitter, because now Minz is drunk.

JennyB just said, "I submitted eight! Eight is enough, get it?"

Ya, that's where we are at.

Now, Minz and JennyB are exchanging French phrases.

I don't know what's going on.

Update:  JennyB snagged an agent yesterday! And, Minz had a short story accepted! Ladies, please comment about the details of your success. The rest of you--go to Missed Periods and congratulate JennyB!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of day. You ladies are rad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need months of restorative yoga after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we do restorative yoga and drink wine? That would accomplish a lot, wouldn't it?

    My story, "Stuck," about a morbidly obese woman who gets stuck in a bathroom stall during a co-ed bridal shower, and who gets saved by the love of her life, Tom, was accepted for publication in Gargoyle. The journal comes out once a year (summertime) and has had some heavy-hitters in it like Rick Moody and Jennifer Egan. I'm completely thrilled and honored. I love our submission days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enough about me...Now, a huge shout out to Jenny Baranick. She snagged an agent and I am so proud of her that I get welled up just thinking about it. Brava, JennyB. Congratulations and Loves!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate my existence.